I’m still reflecting on an EPIC resurrection weekend! There were so many memorable moments and highlights that included the following:
- One of the best worship sets 🙌🏻 in RockChurch’s history that featured: Happy Day, Living Hope, Forgiven, How He Loves, Ain’t No Grave (You can watch it HERE)
- Live painting 🖼 during worship to help illustrate message
- Jesus on acoustic guitar 😂 (see photos below)
- Having 🍳 on stage and throwing 🥓 to crowd
- Hearing the congregation erupt during How He Loves
- The bluesy🎸feels added to Ain’t No Grave
- Our smiling, hard working, faithful staff, leaders, and volunteers
- Receiving the Lord’s Supper 🥖 🍷 together
- Watching all the selfies and family photos 📸
- The chalkboard wall 🎨was🔥fire (see photos below)
- Having my wife attend 🙏🏻 for the first time this year (blog post coming soon to explain her diagnosis)
- Last but not least—seeing so many people respond to the Gospel…by allowing God the opportunity to paint a new picture with their life! ✝️
- But the one moment I will never forget—was having the opportunity to 🙏🏻 with a 10 year-old boy named Jaxson to receive Jesus in the lobby after our 11am service 😭 and now he’s getting baptized next weekend!
📸 by Hannah Anderson (Always Flourishing Photography)
EASTER is all about receiving a fresh canvas from God so He can create something new and beautiful with your life.
Here are 5 takeaways from the resurrection through the eyes of John (chapters 20 & 21). Click HERE to watch the entire sermon.
1. Empty Tomb = Clean Slate
2. Jesus Knows Your Name
3. It Doesn’t Matter Who Leaves Your Room As Long As Jesus Is In The Room
4. Faith Is Believing Without Seeing
5. Jesus Wants To Have Relationship With You
This disciple is the one who testifies to these events and has recorded them here. And we know that his account of these things is accurate. Jesus also did many other things. If they were all written down, I suppose the whole world could not contain the books that would be written.-John 21:24-25 (NLT)
The official hashtag we used for our Experience Easter service was #FullVolumeEaster. This means that we need to live every day as if it’s Easter. After all, the same Spirit that raised Christ from the dead lives inside of us!
Watch the entire sermon below. 👇🏼
(includes me throwing bacon into the audience)
Thank you!…great service…loved having my family with me!!!
Thank you, Janet! I’m so glad you are back…and it’s so awesome that your family is with you!