Quote of the Day:
“The difference in winning and losing is most often…not quitting.” ~Walt Disney
Scripture of the Day: Luke 9:62
But Jesus told him, “Anyone who puts a hand to the plow and then looks back is not fit for the Kingdom of God.”
Today’s Scheduled Bible Reading: Psalm 119
Take the time to read this. Yes, it’s the longest chapter in the Bible but you will be inspired to keep going onward and upward.
Word of the Day:
If you took time to read today’s Scripture of the Day then you probably felt the weight of the words Jesus spoke regarding looking back. I believe the implication here is more than simply looking back. Jesus is warning us not to turn our back on Him. While it’s true that Jesus will never leave us or forsake us, many people walk away from Him. Being a Christian isn’t easy, especially in today’s American culture. Stay strong. Don’t quit. Don’t walk away. Apostle Paul reminded us to forget what’s behind and focus on the goal. You’re not defined by your past. This is a new year! Let’s focus on Christ.
RockChurch Prayer Requests
- That we will stay focused on Jesus
- This weekend’s services as we begin new series, Call Me Crazy
- Changed hearts in our services
- That we will baptize more people in 2014 than any other year
- That we will make disciples
- Financial increase to run with the vision God has given us
- Team RC staff, leaders, volunteers
- For more people to join Team RC in serving in some capacity
- Strong marriages
Individual Prayer Requests
- Michele (husband Richard’s recent cancer diagnosis)
- Andy (frozen pipes)
- Diane (husband Jon’s recent brain tumor diagnosis)
- Virginia (a healthy Farley family)
- Chris (prosperity and to please God)
- Tim (daughter Shawna Chase and grandson Leim to get to leave the hospital soon)
- Alma (Grandson Cam’s difficulty growing up without father. Needs male role model)
- Becky (to overcome family’s situation)
- Michael (giving up Facebook for 10 days)
- Ben (giving up cigarettes)
- TJ (giving up sweets)
If you have a prayer request you can comment here or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
for complete details about this Daniel Fast.