Quote of the Day:
“Worrying does not empty tomorrow of its troubles, it empties today of its strength.” ~Corrie ten Boom
Scripture of the Day: Psalm 138:3
As soon as I pray, you answer me; you encourage me by giving me strength.
Today’s Bible Reading: 1 Chronicles 21:18-27
In today’s scheduled passage we read about an altar that David built on a threshing floor. A threshing floor was a flat surface where grain was separated from straw. This threshing floor would eventually become the exact site where Solomon would build the temple…the house of God. Ah, there’s so much we can take from this story but I want to focus on this part: The owner offered to give it to David but David refused by saying, “I will not take what is yours and give it to the Lord. I will not present burnt offerings that have cost me nothing!”
David would not give SOMETHING to God that cost him NOTHING. For me to give up yams for ten days would NOT be a sacrifice because I hate yams, but me giving up meat is a big deal. Changing your eating habits for ten days is significant. I’m convinced that our sacrifice of certain foods and/or technology during these ten days as we seek God in prayer is going to bring BIG results.
RockChurch Prayer Requests
- That we will stay focused on Jesus
- This weekend’s special services with guest Scot Mendenhall
- Changed hearts in our services
- That we will baptize more people in 2014 than any other year
- That we will make disciples
- Financial increase to run with the vision God has given us
- Team RC staff, leaders, volunteers
- For more people to join Team RC in serving in some capacity
Individual Prayer Requests
- Michael (giving up Facebook for 10 days)
- Ben (giving up cigarettes)
- TJ (giving up sweets)
If you have a prayer request
you can write it on our Facebook wall or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
for complete details about this Daniel Fast.