Weekly Wrap :: WORD UP! (Part 3)
I’m a little behind with my Weekly Wrap as I’ve been on an annual ski retreat in Colorado called Ski & Grow.
In fact, I’m sitting in my car somewhere in Colorado (while my good friend Jason “Oj” Williams drives) reflecting on last Sunday and an amazing few days of skiing.
Highlight and Takeaways from last Sunday:
- Rich time of worship that featured the following songs: Your Love Never Fails by Jesus Culture, Like a Lion by Kristian Stanfill, Lead Me to the Cross by Hillsong United, and Forever Reign by Hillsong Live.
- We introduced our new worship pastor, so for those of you who weren’t present, let me officially welcome Lance Van Tine. You can “friend” him on Facebook here. We are stoked to have him on our team, to say the least! (And big thanks to Dave Mudd for his leadership, guidance, and wisdom in introducing Lance to us and for overseeing this entire process that included auditioning and forming our current teams.)
- We returned to our Word Up series with I Have What It (the Bible) Says I Have. You can listen to the podcast HERE, which includes a couple of lame jokes. 🙂
The Bible says I have…
- ACCESS. Yep, that’s right! Because of what Jesus accomplished on the cross, we now have access to God. We don’t need a priest represent us. Hebrews 4:16 says to come boldly to the throne that we might obtain! Relationship.
- FAITH. Romans 12:3 says that we have all been given a measure of faith. We talked about active faith, great faith, little faith, and tiny faith. How can you increase your faith? Listening to the Word (Romans 10:17).
- AUTHORITY. See Luke 9:1-2 and Mark 16:15-18.
- FAVOR (GRACE). See Psalm 5:12, Psalm 23:5-6, and read the story of Joseph and Genesis 39:2-4. Psalm 30:5 says God’s favor is for life.
- HOPE. See 1 Thessalonians 4:13-18, Jeremiah 29:11, and 1 Peter 3:15. In my opinion, the most powerful moment of this sermon came via this video I showed. If you are in desperate need of hope, watch this story about a pastor named Ed.
- I will leave you with this Tweet that I shared Sunday. Enjoy.