Okay, RockChurch! How about Sunday, huh? Fantastic service and message by guest Tom Elmore.
Here are some highlights and takeaways:
- 515 attended. (Average for 2012 = 538.)
- Our 3rd worship team in four weeks played and did a stellar job, especially considering it was their first time playing and they introduced a couple new songs.
- It was really cool to welcome RC’s original worship leader Mark VanTine back to the stage.
- Song list: 1. All Because of Jesus by Fee 2. I’m Reaching For You by Lincoln Brewster 3. Burning Ones by Jesus Culture
- Tom Elmore came out of the gate strong with a couple of jokes. Yep, he fits right in.
- I will say, however, his joke about the hairdresser midway through his sermon was one of my favorites. Listen HERE.
- This was a timely and superb message on the difference between happiness and joy. The feedback is still coming in.
- Philippians 1:3-6
- Happiness is external. – Joy is internal. (2 Corinthians 4:16-18)
- Happiness is based on circumstances. – Joy is based on Christ. (Philippians 4:11)
- Happiness is based on chance. – Joy is based on choice. (Deuteronomy 30:19)
- Philippians 1:9-11
- 3 Ways To Have Joy:
- 1. Get over the distraction of what happened. (Philippians 1:12)
- 2. Discover the new opportunities. (Philippians 1:13-14)
- 3. Focus on what really matters. (Philippians 1:15-18)
- God will change set-backs into set-ups. (Love this!)
Listen to the entire message HERE.
One of the questions Tom asked towards the end of his message was, “Are you contagious?”
I will end this note by asking the same question: Is our joy contagious?!
Enjoy the Joyride.