Weekly Wrap :: WORD UP! (Part 2)
Here are some highlights and takeaways from Part 2 of our current sermon series Word Up:
Part 2 :: I Am Who It (the Bible) Says I Am
- RCBand ripped through the following songs: Glory to God by Fee, Sing My Love & One Thing Remains by Jesus Culture, and You’ll Come by Hillsong Live. Who needs a pogo stick?! Not I.
- Our 8:45 crowd seemed more responsive and awake than usual, and our 10:15 & 11:45 crowds were thumping!
- Began the message by informing everyone that I’m a sinner AND a “speeder.” You’ll have to listen to the podcast for the complete story.
- Gave a short synopsis of these people whom God used despite their “issues.” :: Moses, Abraham, Jacob, Leah, Joseph, Naomi, Rahab, Gideon, David, Samson, Elijah, Jonah, John the Baptist, Matthew, Peter, Zacchaeus, Thomas, the Samaritan woman, Paul, and Timothy.
- Key Scripture: Hebrews 11:32-34
- One highlight during the 10:15 & 11:45 services was randomly throwing down Let’s Get It Started. (I completely forgot to do it in the 8:45 service. Sorry, guys!)
- Props to DJ Ezra for finding this video on the fly that I made reference to in the first service. This allowed us to show it in our second and third services.
The Bible Says I Am…
• I am God’s child. John 1:12
• I am God’s branch. John 15:1, 5
• I am God’s conduit. Romans 8:11
• I am a friend of Jesus. John 15:15
• I am righteous. Romans 3:24
• I am right (made right with God). 2 Corinthians 5:21
• I am no longer a slave to sin. Romans 6:6
• I am no longer condemned by God. Romans 8:1
• I am free. Romans 8:2, Galatians 5:1
• I am an heir with Christ. Romans 8:17
• I am God’s temple. 1 Corinthians 6:19
• I am joined to Jesus. 1 Corinthians 6:17
• I am new. 2 Corinthians 5:17
• I am ONE. Galatians 3:28
• I am blessed. Ephesians 1:3
• I am chosen and loved. Ephesians 1:4
• I am forgiven. Ephesians 1:7
• I am alive. Ephesians 2:4-5
• I am sitting with Jesus. Ephesians 2:6
• I am God’s masterpiece. Ephesians 2:10
• I am welcome in God’s presence. Ephesians 3:12
• I am in the light. Ephesians 5:8
• I am a citizen of heaven. Philippians 3:20
• I am surrounded by peace. Philippians 4:7
• I am rich. Philippians 4:19
• I am complete. Colossians 2:10
• I am protected. Psalm 18:2
I’m excited to have special guest Tom Elmore with us this Sunday as we continue our Word Up! series by focusing on I Have What It (the Bible) Says I Have.