Weekly Wrap :: WORD UP! (Part 1)
Here are some highlights and takeaways from Part 1 of our current series Word Up:
Part 1 :: This Is My Bibe
- RCBand threw a new song at us in Say, Say by Kristian Stanfill. Bam! I love this song! The other two songs were Always by Kristian Stanfill and Forever Reign by Hillsong Live. We could literally do Forever Reign…forever.
- And speaking of RCBand, we had a completely new band in place. Since auditions a few weeks ago Dave (Mudd) has placed together three new teams. Two of those teams will be led by Lance VanTine, the other by Mark VanTine. (There will be call backs and a new audition date TBD.)
- 540 people attended and we had a very good response to the Word. For the first-time in our history we’ve had at least 500 people every Sunday this year. Our year-to-date attendance average is 552.
- Is a 4th service around the corner? Seems that way…unless YOU want to write us a sizeable check and we will break ground on a new sanctuary ASAP! 😉
- Sermon at a glance: The Bible is the inspired Word of God, Bible facts, history of the Bible, who wrote it, why is it called the Bible, what’s the difference between the Old & New Testaments, and how it all points to Jesus.
- Key Scripture :: 2 Timothy 3:16
- Bible Facts: 66 books, 40 authors, written from 16 countries, on 3 continents, in 3 languages, and spans roughly 1,500 years.
- The word Bible is not in Scripture. It comes from the Greek word biblion meaning “book,” “paper,” or “scroll”.
- Important to note the New Testament was written by eyewitnesses. See Luke 1:1-4, 1 John 1:1, 2 Peter 1:16, Acts 2:22, 32.
- I gave over 20 prophecies that were fulfilled when Jesus showed up from heaven to earth. Here are 5 of them: 1. Jesus would be betrayed (1,000 years – Psalm), 2. Jesus would be betrayed for 30 pieces of silver (500 – Zechariah), 3. Jesus’ clothing would be gambled for (1,000 – Psalm 22), 4. That Jesus would be crucified (1,000 years – Psalm 22), 5. That Jesus would be raised from the dead (1,000 – Psalm).
- The Word is alive. See Hebrews 4:12.
- The Bible contains 1,189 chapters, 31,173 verses, and 773,692 words of God speaking to us. Open it.
- The podcast for this message will be uploaded soon.
Coming this Sunday: Part 2 :: I Am Who The Bible Says I Am